FACEBOOK ·   TUMBLR ·   INSTAGRAM ·   FLICKR ·   500PX





18 | Conceptual Photographer | TULC

Click to read more about Rhiannon K.!




TRAVEL|PHOTOGRAPHY | FASHION


Rhiannon K. Photography

Promote your Page too






All photos are © Rhiannon-K unless stated otherwise. Please do not steal or use them without my permission. Email me at rhiannon.k@live.com.my for further enquiries.

Credits:tkh.

  Dreaming Big.


Happy Easter Sunday, everyone! ♥

I've been meaning to update my blog this week but I've been busy as always. I've got some time on my hands now so, here I am. :) I had high tea with my family this afternoon. The adults sat around chit chatting while my cousin and I read our books on the porch. Later that evening, I projected some of my work onto the screen. It is such a rewarding feeling to see my family acknowledging and understanding why I do what I do.

Anyway, I sat, staring at Rebirth, the other day and it got me thinking about the change in my work (improvement) over the years. Many new viewers don't know much about the beginning of my photography journey and I thought this would be an appropriate time to write about it.




The last time I did this was in early '13 so here's an updated one. I went looking through my old deviations and noticed the phase I had over the years.

I was introduced to the world of photography in late '08 and started playing with my camera early '09. I didn't have the slightest clue that it would turn out to be my thing. I mostly shot photographs of flowers. If more than anything, it opened up my eyes. I started seeing the beauty in humble places. It's because of my 13 year old self that I still try to incorporate flowers into most of my portraits. Nature never fails to provide me with endless inspiration.

2010 was definitely a treat to everyone, literally heh. It was my food photography phase, woohoo! I gained quite a lot of watchers from being featured in several groups on deviantART. I later got to shoot for a local food company in '12. My photos are up in supermarkets all over Sabah and Sarawak. (I'll make sure to snap a picture of it the next time I go grocery shopping!)

My photographs were a mix of everything in 2011. I experimented a lot because I wasn't sure of which genre I wanted to do. I joined my school's magazine board in an attempt to try out event photography and realized a few months later that I didn't really enjoy it. On a brighter note, I found my new love for travel photography and had my gear upgraded (woo!).

I began shooting self portraits in 2012 - although, I did try taking photos of myself 5 years ago (A photo of me and a red feather which I was quite proud of back then. I cringe every time I think about it now. Unfortunately, that particular image is imprinted on my mom's mind and she brings it up every so often bleh, love you mom T_T). I wasn't having it easy that year and photography was my way of escaping. My self portraits gravitated more towards dark concepts.

Came 2013 and I wanted to shoot "happier" photographs. I tried haha! I took a long hiatus from photography to focus on my studies. I spent the year doing case studies and looking for inspiration.

Well, hello 2014! I discovered the art of conceptual photography and surrealism and fostered a deep passion for it. Instead of capturing moments, I create them. I capture what cannot be captured naturally. I am constantly challenging myself and I love it. I can safely say, I know the direction I want to drive my work in. As you already know, I'm working on a 52 week self portraiture project this year. So far, so good. :) 




Curious to see how my work will be like in the next 8 months. Thank you to every single one of you who have been nothing but supportive and for helping me reach 300+ fb page likes. :)


"We are the makers of dreams, the dreamers of dreams."

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Are you dreaming big enough? 







Labels: , , , ,

HTML Comment Box is loading comments...


< O L D E R P O S T | N E W E R P O S T >



© Rhiannon-K. Hope you enjoyed reading my blog :) Credits